- Remember is one of the top albums of 2010, according to Grayson Currain in Pitchforkmedia!
- Delta Slider Blog really liked my the first volume in the Official Bootleg series!
- Record Collector wrote about the Remember 7” here
- Music Emissions – “Yair Yona is a guitarist with soul. While you can hear his heroes loud and clear on “Remember,” you can also explicitly hear his use of them as a starting point for his own ideas. His graceful and gritty tone is one I look forward to hearing in the future.“
- KFJC 89.7 reviewed the album ; “Israeli gears up for guitar echoes. The album’s title is
more than a clue, it’s a mission; as Yona summons strings long ago snapped. He’s got finger picking pluck, he’s got boozy slide, he’s got a sense of history”
- “.…With moans of slide sidling over the picking, his songs begin to work out
rhythmic landscapes that stretch and tumble just perfectly...”(Raven Sings The Blues, 2009)
- “…What Yair Yona do is something a little different, while employing the same general idiom, adding to the Americana Russian flairs, Egyptian influences and an abundance if humor along the way...” (Foxy Digitalis, 2009)
- “…Yona is a more than adequate musician and his compositions are lively, intricate and honest with a bonhomie that is hard to resist. The occasional addition of other instruments keeps the album fresh although the full string ending to the final track feels a little out of place after the rest of the album...” (Wonderful Wooden Reasons, 2009)
- “...Played with zest and skill, blues and folk afficionados alike will love this unique blend…” (Terrascope, 2009)
Things people said about Remember in other languages I can’t understand and I used Google Translate to try and get it:
- Groove Magazine (Norway)
- Unsung (France)
- Audiodrome (Italy)
Things I wrote myself about myself (Because I was asked to, really!)